HTC has announced a new 4-inch entry level Android smartphone, the HTC Desire U in Taiwan. The device is expected to retail for about7990 New Taiwan Dollar (~US$ 274) or at NT$ 291 per month on contract from Chunghwa Telecom. Launch details for other regions remain unknown at the moment.Specs wise, the new Desire U is powered by a 1GHz processor with 512MB RAM and has 4GB of internal storage with expansion options upto 32GB via microSD cards. The smartphone sports a 4-inch capacitive touch display with a resolution of 800×480 pixel.
Previously rumoured specifications for the device indicate a 4.7-inch full-HD display, making it an incredible 468ppi. Other alleged specs include a 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor with 2GB RAM, 32GB of internal storage, 12-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel one in the front.
HTC Desire U specifications
- 4-inch (800×480 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- 1 GHz processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 4GB of internal storage expandable up to 32GB via microSD
- 5-megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED Flash
- 3G, Wi-Fi 820.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS
- 1,650mAh battery
- Android 4.0 with HTC Sense UI
- 9.32mm thick
- Weighs 119 grams